Canada’s 43rd Federal Election is coming up on October 21st. We’ll be hosting Toronto Centre candidates on Sept. 26th and hope you can join.
About this Event
The 2019 Canadian Election is underway and we’re inviting you to join us for a moderated debate between the 4 major party candidates in Toronto Centre.
On September 26th, Corktown, the SLNA and GWNA are welcoming candidates at the Cooper Koo YMCA to square off on a number of National and Local topics. This event will reach capacity quickly so make sure you secure your ticket today by RSVP’ing.
Brian Chang – New Democratic Party
Ryan Lester – Conservative Party of Canada
Bill Morneau – Liberal Party of Canada
Annamie Paul – Green Party of Canada
Debate and Discussion Topics:
The event will feature questions sourced from the community, business owners and other community groups.
- Affordable Housing
- Toronto’s Waterfront Development and Privacy
- Downtown Transit and the Federal government’s role
- Universal Pharmacare
- The rising tide of political polarization and how the candidate is helping to reduce division among Canadians
- How Candidates are working within the community
- Should Toronto become Canada’s next province?
- Art and Culture is a huge economic and creative driver in Toronto. What can we expect from each candidate in the way of support for artist?
- How candidates will best reduce the impact of the incoming global recession
- How each candidate is prepared to address Canada’s income inequality
- Electoral Reform beyond 2019
- Trans Mountain Pipeline + Reliance on Saudi Oil
We’re sourcing additional topics and questions from Toronto Centre businesses, Neighbourhood Groups and Residents. If you have a question you’d like brought up at the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The event will be live-streamed on Facebook and Twitter and available for viewing afterward on our social media channels. Once the live-stream links are available, we’ll post them here.
*Candidates polling above 5% have been invited