Canada Day Celebrations
How will you spend Canada’s 149th Birthday? There is so much to do in Toronto this weekend that it is impossible to list everything here! Here are a few of the many downtown events. Happy Canada Day to all!
- Canada Day at Queen’s Park – Friday, July 1 from 10:00am – 5:00pm – something to see and do for kids of all ages. Details.
- Fireworks at Ashbridges Bay Park – Friday, July 1 @ 10pm
- Harbourfront Festival – Musical performances and activities finishing with Fireworks @ 10:40pm. Details.
- Redpath Waterfront Festival – July 1-3. Tall Ships, dog shows and pop up entertainment! Details.
- TD Jazz Festival – continues until July 3.
- Pride Parade – Sunday, July 3 @ 2pm
Regent Park Athletic Grounds Official Opening Ceremony
WHEN: June 29, 2016
- 11:15am – Formal Ribbon Cutting – east side of soccer pitch
- 5:00pm – 8:00pm – Community Celebration – Food, Entertainment, Athlete Autographs and More!
TDSB School Trustee By-Election Results for Ward 14 (includes Corktown)
TDSB School Trustee is now Chris Moise. Congratulations Chris and to everyone who ran.
Cooper Koo Family YMCA Summer News
Free Summer Memberships for Youth:
The Cooper Koo Family YMCA is offering free summer memberships to youth aged 12-17. This summer membership is valid from 9 am – 3 pm for the months of July and August. To register bring photo identification to the sales desk. (youth under the age of 16 should come with a parent or guardian to register)
Free Yoga in St James Park in July:
Wednesdays – 12:00-12:45pm
Saturdays – 10:00-10:45am
Bike Share Program is Expanding
As of June 27, the Bike Share Toronto Network is expanding. 120 new stations and 1,000 new bikes will be added. Here is the news release. Here is the map which shows the east end bike stations where you will see a few new ones in Corktown.