Time for our Spring Cleanup:
Spring has sprung (finally) so let’s get out there and cleanup all of those bits of garbage that have been hiding under the snow. There are two community cleanups scheduled for you to choose from:
- Friday, April 22 – Good Shepherd Centre Community Cleanup
- Where: Good Shepherd Centre Chapel – 412 Queen St E.
- When: 10:30-12:00pm
- Note: All community members are welcome. Followed by a BBQ for all participants.
- RSVP by Tuesday, Apr 19 – Call Rebecca at 416-869-3619 ext 262
- Saturday, April 23 – Community Cleanup of Corktown Common
- Where: Meet at the Pavilion at Corktown Common
- When: 10:00am
- Bring gloves if you can
Traffic Season – Westbound Lake Shore Boulevard lane closures, York to Rees, until July 27:
Although not in Corktown, it is likely to affect you if you travel along Lake Shore Boulevard. Lake Shore Boulevard, from York Street to Rees Street, will have reduced lanes of traffic from Monday, April 18 to Wednesday, July 27 to accommodate major work for Toronto Hydro.
- The westbound Lake Shore Boulevard will be reduced to one lane with the exception of 3 to 7 p.m. (weekdays), when two lanes will be open.
Exhibit at Enoch Turner Schoolhouse:
The exhibit, All in a Day’s Work: Industry and Growth in Old Town, created by University of Toronto Master of Museum Studies students in partnership with the Ontario Heritage Trust is showing now until the end of 2016 at the Enoch Turner Schoolhouse.
Corktown Businesses win Architizer A+ Awards:
The results are in for the Architizer A+ Awards and the two Corktown businesses that were nominated for these prestigious international awards both won awards. Congratulations!
- Odin Bar and Café – Popular Choice in the Hospitality – Bar and Nightclub category and Special Notice in the Restaurant category
- Agathom architecture firm – Popular Choice in the Residential – Private House (XS < 1000 sq ft) category
- CRBA Monthly Meeting – Tuesday, May 3 at 7:00pm at Little Trinity Annex, 403 King St E.
- Jane’s Walk Weekend – May 6, 7, 8: Check out the Walks in Toronto!