About the CRBA
We are Corktown Toronto!
We’ve been advocating for a number of issues in the neighbourhood for years and in 2019 plan to do more than ever before in building the community.
Our core projects include:
- Promoting local businesses
- Advocating for smart development
- Throwing community events
We’re a not-for-profit, volunteer led organization building a better Corktown Toronto. Our neighbourhood is a great place to live, eat, do business and visit – if you’re coming to the area.
Where is Corktown?
Corktown is easily accessible by foot, bike, transit or car. We’re a short streetcar ride form King Station or about a 30 minute walk from Union Station. Whether it’s our award-winning parks, exceptional restaurants, cafes, or Underpass Park, there are so many reasons to visit Corktown!
- Keep the local residents and businesses informed through monthly public meetings, a recurring newsletter and an up-to-date website.
- Convey community concerns and issue priorities to all relevant public and private institutions.
- Help realize neighbourhood improvements, using a constructive and collaborative approach.
The Board of Directors
The Corktown Board of Directors is comprised of residents and business owners from the neighbourhood. Board members are elected annually for one-year terms. All members of the CRBA in good standing are eligible to cast a vote and run for a position on the Board.
2020/21 Corktown Board of Directors
Aaron Binder – President
Njeri Rionge – Vice-President
Sanjay Vakani – Treasurer
Lisa Bugelli – Marketing and Outreach
Cory Lemos – Heritage Head
Ann Summers-Dossena – Foundry Project Lead
Tom Junek – King St. Lead
Socrates Apallas – Development Group Lead
Will Meneray – Business Success Team Lead