Article Submission Guidelines
Send all articles to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every submission should include:
- title for the article
- author’s name and title, as you’d like it to appear
- accompanying images / graphics
Rough guide for length:
- short articles anywhere from 250 to 450 words
- about 800-900 words for a one-page article
- up to 1500 words for a major feature article
- images take away from this so if you have pictures, factor them into the overall room needed
- very basic formatting, please – it makes the process easier
- ONE space between sentences / after a period. NOT. Two. As. You. Were. Taught. In. School.
- no paragraph indents
- no ALL CAPS
- single spaced lines
Images and pictures:
- high resolution – for print not web
- unedited / unformatted – we will crop, colour correct and do whatever else is needed to make it look fabulous
- please name the file something that helps explain it and also give it a title / caption
- attribution – who took the photo / made the drawing… ?