Scotiabank Marathon Corktown Cheer Station!
After all those months of training, thousands of runners will take to the streets of Toronto on Sunday. Corktown will have a cheering station at the corner of Cherry and Eastern and the runners will pass by TWICE during the race at 23k and again at 37k. It’s the perfect spot to see your marathon friends twice – at halfway and as they power to the finish.
There will be LIVE music – Phill Hood and The Exclamation will be performing all morning!
The better the cheer station, the better the race – and a chance to win money for Toronto Cooper Koo Family Cherry St YMCA Centre! Come out and show runners that Corktown is the best and loudest neighbourhood in Toronto! Runners will come by between 9:50am and 1:20pm.
Cheer Station Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/181616575613352
To all of the drivers out there, there will also be several road closures. See this link to plan ahead and avoid frustration.
Corktown Running Group
For all of the runners out there.. do you need a buddy to keep you going? This Facebook group keeps track of all Corktown runs. Join up and meet some fellow runners.
Corktown Running Group Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/weruncorktown/
Notice of Lower Don Trail Closure
- Hosanna – Extended until October 22. Hosanna returns from the biggest night of her life, dressed as Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra. What follows is a harrowing, and often hilarious and revelatory, journey towards identity. For more information or to buy tickets, click here.
- The Enchanted Loom – Nov 5-27. The Sri Lankan civil war has left many scars on Thangan and his family, most noticeably the loss of his eldest son and crippling epileptic seizures brought on by his torture during the war. For more information or to buy tickets, click here.
Singing Stars of Tomorrow Concert
10 singers of the next generation have been selected to take part in “Singing Stars of Tomorrow”.
When: Saturday, October 22 at 7:30pm
Where: Alliance Francaise, 24 Spadina Rd
For more information and to buy tickets, click here.
Mad About Margaret’s 2016 Gala for Mental Health
a benefit for Margaret’s Housing & Community Support Services.
- Mary Walsh Sensational Keynote Speaker
- Margaret Trudeau presents the first Margaret Trudeau Mental Health Advocacy Award
- Luba Goy becomes Hillary Clinton
- Bob Rae sits in with Jim Heineman Jazz Trio
- CBC Fresh Air, Mary Ito, M. C.
- WestJet Exclusive Raffle, 2 round trip vouchers
- Fabulous Silent Auction beautiful items and gifts
- Meet & Greet Reception
- Amazing Full Course Dinner and Great Wine
Daniels Spectrum 585 Dundas E.
Friday, October 21st, 2016,
Six to Ten PM
To find out more or to buy tickets, click here.
Sponsored by Scott Wilson, Sales Representative | Bosley Real Estate Ltd., Brokerage
Interested in advertising on corktown.ca and supporting the CRBA? Details.
Mailing ListSubscribe below to receive occasional updates on Corktown happenings, direct to your inbox.